We all know it is possible to get the “preggie brain”. Especially when you are going in labour, the last thing you want to do is try to remember what you need for the hospital trip. So we have done it for you. Of course customise to suit your individual needs.
It’s always a good idea to ask your hospital what they have available for you during labour and once the baby is born. All hospitals provide different equipment, so make sure you do your homework prior to that important visit.
I recommend keeping some additional supplies in a handy bag at home for your partner or family to bring in the day after the birth. This way when hubby or partner goes home to shower and freshen up after his “support duties” he has an extra bag ready to go.
• Shampoo/conditioner/shower gel
• Little Shoppers eco friendly wipes to use instead of rough hospital toilet paper (Little Shoppers wipes are also flushable)
• A pen/notebook
• Nice clothes to wear home/wear in photos
• Maternity pads
• Goosebumps Clothing Pyjamas/nighties – allowing easy access for breastfeeding
don’t forget it gets chilly with the air conditioner so bring a cardi or dressing gown)
• Maternity bra
• Snacks/lollies/chocolate/fruit drink (poppers), muesli bars
• Nursing pads
• Plastic bags for dirty clothes (for you and bub)
• Easy access breastfeeding clothes. We recommend Goosebumps Dakota Top
or Rose Dress, great for discrete nursing with visitors always popping by.
• Hospital paperwork – registration card/health record or similar
• Medicare card and/or private health insurance company card
• Water bottle
• Phone charger
• Phone credit
• Camera battery charger
• Video camera
• Snacks, drinks for you and spare clothes/swimmers/towel for your birthing partner – in case they want to get in the shower with you.
• CD or iPod etc if you want (or think you will want) music!
• Birth plan
• List of phone numbers
Check what your hospital provides before you pack for baby …
• Singlets x 3
• Onezies x 3 (at least) – take some 0000 clothes and some 000
• Blankets/bunny rugs
• Nice going-home outfit for bub
• Muslin wrap
• A dummy (just in case, washed and sterilised)
• Little Shoppers eco friendly flushable wipes.
You need to get a baby seat fitted correctly for bubba’s journey home.
…To follow soon, how to your new buba’s room ready for home time.